As the first window manufacturer to receive Green Seal™ certification for Environmental Stewardship, Renewal by Andersen and our parent company, Andersen Corporation, have led the way in addressing the unique challenges of the window replacement industry when it comes to sustainability.
How the Right Windows Can Help the Environment
Sustainable window replacement is a top priority for Renewal by Andersen, as is helping homeowners increase the energy efficiency of their homes by providing superior replacement windows and patio doors. To achieve these goals, Renewal by Andersen has developed a unique five-step approach to help make window replacement as sustainable as possible.
- Improved efficiency. Our company has been instrumental in helping consumers decrease energy usage and increase energy savings by making available the latest energy and material technology. If you’re remodeling an older home and are trying to retain its signature character and charm, high-quality replacement windows from Renewal by Andersen of Northeast PA are the way to go.
- Improved indoor air quality. It may come as a surprise that poor indoor air quality is one of the top five health hazards in America, according to the Environmental Protection Agency. Poorly constructed building materials are big contributors to this problem because they can release toxins through an evaporation process known as off-gassing. In an effort to combat this problem, Renewal by Andersen has made a commitment to help the environment by using only the best building materials in the construction of our window and door products. We’re the only window company to receive the Scientific Certification Systems (SCS) Indoor Advantage Gold certification, which is the most rigorous indoor air emission standard in the U.S.
- Smart use of materials. Another way we demonstrate our commitment to the environment is by using recycled materials in our products. The Fibrex® material used in our window frames and sashes contains 40% reclaimed wood fiber by weight, which is the highest recycled content of any window manufacturer. In addition, our High-Performance™ Low-E4® glass is made from a minimum of 12% reclaimed glass by weight.
- Smart use of energy. Windows heavily influence heating and cooling bills. Renewal by Andersen replacement windows feature SmartSun™ glass, the newest and most energy-efficient glass from Andersen. It can save you up to 25% on energy costs, with 70% more energy efficiency in the summer and 45% more efficiency in the winter as compared to regular dual-pane glass.
- Extended product life cycles. Every day, homeowners replace windows less than 10 years old due to inferior materials and construction, which further contributes to landfill waste. Here at Renewal by Andersen, we strive to fight this problem by producing a long-lasting product that’s backed by a generous warranty.
Contact Us Today for a Free Estimate
One of the best ways to care for our environment is by investing in high-quality Renewal by Andersen windows. Doing so will help you avoid contributing to construction waste as well as paying premature replacement costs. Call Renewal by Andersen of Northeast PA at [company_phone] today to schedule an in-home consultation for replacement windows.