Are your windows showing signs of wear? Are you considering the purchase of replacement windows in Scranton or another surrounding area? There certainly are a lot of window brands and materials from which to choose. As you consider new windows, you might have heard about a unique material called Fibrex®, which we at Renewal by Andersen® utilize exclusively in our windows.
What sets this material apart? Here are important facts you should know about Fibrex.
- Manufacturer. Fibrex is patented and produced by the Andersen Corporation, an innovative American company founded in 1903, and now the largest window and door manufacturer in North America. Renewal by Andersen is the window replacement subsidiary of the Andersen Corporation.
- Composition. Fibrex is a composite material made of 60% thermopolymer extruded with 40% reclaimed wood fiber. This groundbreaking composite offers the strength and insulating capabilities of wood, while retaining the low-maintenance qualities of vinyl.
- Strength. Because Fibrex is exceptionally strong, Renewal by Andersen sashes and frames can be narrower. Narrower frames mean more glass and better views.
- Insulation. Fibrex material has superior thermal insulating properties comparable to the thermal conductivity of wood, vinyl and fiberglass. Fibrex insulates about 700 times better than aluminum.
- Decay resistance. The special polymer formulation of Fibrex material gives it exceptional resistance to rot and fungal growth.
- Maintenance requirements. Because it cannot rot, mold or decay, Fibrex never needs to be painted or scraped.
- Design flexibility. The unique extruded Fibrex material can be made into any window shape and size, including curved specialty windows.
- Warranty. Under normal use, all Fibrex window components are warranted not to flake, peel, crack, blister, rust, pit, corrode or rot for 10 years from the original installation date.
Call Today for a FREE Estimate on Fibrex Windows
We invite you to contact Renewal by Andersen of Northeast PA, the premier provider of top-quality Scranton replacement doors and windows, regarding your project. Experience for yourself the Renewal by Andersen difference during a free, no-hassle home consultation in Scranton, Wilkes-Barre or surrounding Northeast PA areas. Call (610) 355-4055 today!