Window & Door Tax Credits Have Been Extended for 2014 InstallationsFebruary 18, 2015
As you gear up for the tax season, please note that a federal tax credit may be available for you to claim on your 2014 return. If Renewal by Andersen of Northeast PA installed replacement windows and doors in your home last year, you may be eligible for this credit.
On December 19, 2014, in a continued effort to make energy-saving retrofits more affordable for American homeowners, Congress extended the home improvements that fall under the Nonbusiness Energy Property Credit through 2014. This credit can be applied toward qualified energy efficiency improvements for a residence, including windows, doors and skylights. Here are more details:
- Homeowners can claim 10% of the price of eligible ENERGY STAR®-rated products, excluding labor and installation costs.
- The credit for these energy improvements is capped at $500. Windows are limited to $200 of the credit.
- You do not have to replace all the windows/doors/skylights in your home to qualify.
- Credits may only be claimed for improvements to an existing home; new construction is not eligible.
- If you claimed energy credits in prior tax years going back to 2006, the total credit for all years cannot exceed $500.
To request your 2014 Tax Letter outlining the product cost portion of your replacement window and door project, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with the subject line: “Tax Letter.” Please include your name, address and phone number. It will be e-mailed or mailed promptly.
Download both the Renewal by Andersen Manufacturer’s Certification Statement and Renewal by Andersen NFRC Ratings (Energy Star v 5.0) for your 2014 tax return. For additional information about this credit and its limitations, please contact your tax advisor.
At this time, it’s unknown if legislation will be passed to extend the Nonbusiness Energy Property Credit to include tax year 2015.
Get 2015 Started Right with New Windows & Doors
Renewal by Andersen of Northeast PA is pleased to offer a full range of windows and patio doors in Bethlehem and throughout the Lehigh Valley, greater Pocono and Scranton/Wilkes-Barre regions. These products meet or exceed ENERGY STAR® efficiency performance criteria. Because Renewal windows have been engineered with an integrated performance package featuring innovative glass coatings, Fibrex® composite framing material and professional installation, you’ll save now and long into the future. To schedule a FREE in-home consultation with no obligation, call [company_phone] today.